Far West Division - News & Views for February, 2014 - PDF of newsletter
2014 ESR Alumni Ski Day was a great success! - On March 19, 2014 the Eastern Sierra Region conducted a quite successful Alumni Ski Day at Homewood Ski Area. read more
Great time was had at the Annual Women’s Clinic at Heavenly - click here then scroll down for story and photos
- Calling all patrollers - Need volunteers for Sea Otter Classic Bike Race at Laguna Seca, April 10-13
We are seeking NSP volunteers for back-country first-aid service and course marshaling - this means patroller’s family and friends can volunteer.
A few highlights:
- Free camping (trailer, fifth-wheel, tents; right in the heart of the event)
- Big NSP barbecues both Friday and Saturday night
- Fun and scenic service in the old Ft. Ord backcountry, with fellow patrollers from a number of FWD patrols
- Plenty of time to bicycle or tour the US's largest cycling event, with trade show with 300+ vendors
- NSP members/family service helped earn about $4,500 for six FWD ski patrols last year (each volunteer earns $30 per volunteer shift, for their designated patrol).
- The Instructor Continuing Education Clinic
(required attendance once every 3 years for instructors in all disciplines)
will be Saturday, September 13, 2014 in Davis.
Far West Division Director
Thank you to our sponsors
To access NSP deals with these companies go to the NSP.org website and scroll down the home page and click on the icon of the company you’re interested in.